Matthew 5:6

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. - Matthew 5:6

Sunday, June 23, 2013

A New Beginning.....

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."      - Romans 8:28

When I decided to begin writing this blog, I thought back and remembered that it was something that has been on my mind for weeks, months, and even years (believe it or not), and it has taken me this long to begin the journey. According to Romans 8:28, I know that "all things work for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose"....so why didn't I act sooner? I've had the talent of writing, and been able to create and maintain blogs for many years, so there's no real excuse for me not to have used this method to reach out sooner. The real problem for me has been fear. Fear of failure, embarrassment, and even the fear that I may lose friends and/or family from opening up on this blog about life and my personal struggles.

How many times do we all have ideas about things that we could do to serve God, and start a ministry of our own? A ministry doesn't have to be a big thing, and it doesn't even have to reach a large number of people, but as long as it is something that we do for God, to spread His love and mercy to the world, we have built our own ministries. God promises us that as long as we are about his business, and doing good with our talents, that he will work for the good of us. If we have God working for us, how can anything defeat us? Fear doesn't exist when you have God on your side. Knowing that He is working for your good is the single most powerful adversary that one can have, and using His power to spread love and goodness to others is the most important thing that we can do for Him.

Many Christians use this verse to make the argument that they can do whatever they want, and God will support them. However, the verse says that God works for the good of those who love him. We don't always see the "good" as God does, though. Many times, what's good for us isn't what we had in mind at the time. I lost my job in January, and I thought it was the absolute worst thing that could happen to me. I went through months of depression, and overall sadness, asking why and how it could happen to me? However, God was working for the good on my side. He knew that trying to complete my doctoral degree AND maintain a job, while being a good wife, mother, and friend were too much for me to handle. Therefore, He worked in my favor, and freed me from one of my stresses that was causing much anguish and unhappiness. By taking away the source of angst in my life, He allowed me to see what really mattered, and that was God, my husband whom I passionately love, my son who is the light of my life, as well as my family, and other obligations. He worked for the good, and it took me almost 6 months to see it.

Let God work for the good in your life. Sometimes you have to let Him clean out some clutter, or maybe you need another good work in your life. Step back and allow God to work for you, and in turn, make sure that you are working for Him as well.

__________________________________________________________

Lord, I thank you for your devotion to me, and how you always do what's best for me. I thank you for the talents that I have to use in order to be about your business, and the wonderful fellow Christians that I have to support me in my ministry. I ask for wisdom so that I can see what you have in store, and faith to  know that it's absolutely what's best. Lord, please bless all of my family, friends, and even enemies. Please help me to reach at least one person with my testimony, and bring them to you. In the name of Jesus I pray, -Amen

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you have started this ministry. God gives each of us talents to use for His glory and you have found the best way to use yours. I am so thankful that you are writing this blog. It is such an awesome feeling to discover just how much God loves and how He carries us through our darkest days. Keep writing, and my prayer is that this outreach will lead many others to Christ.

    ReplyDelete